What is umbrella insurance?
A personal umbrella insurance policy protects you from a financial downpour, a worst-case scenario where you could lose everything in a lawsuit. Even if your assets are few, an umbrella policy also protects your earnings.
Coverage when you need it most
There’s no shortage of unforeseen circumstances that could impose a real risk to your family’s assets and financial future. Personal umbrella protection is critical coverage, designed to help protect you from life’s unexpected events.
• Bodily injury, property damage, landlord liability
• Libel and slander
• False arrest or imprisonment
• Shock/mental anguish
You’re at fault in an auto accident…
Imagine this scenario: after a major at-fault auto accident, you are sued and found liable for a $1.25 million judgment in court. The limits of your auto insurance policy is $500,000. You are responsible for paying the remaining $750,000
• You could lose your house, savings, even your retirement fund
• Your wages can be garnished for up to 10 years
• An umbrella policy would pay the $750,000 in this scenario
• An umbrella policy also covers teenage drivers
Who needs umbrella insurance?
Just about anyone can benefit from umbrella insurance. A lawsuit can wipe out not only your current savings, but also what you stand to earn in the future. If you don’t have enough assets to cover a large settlement, you could be stuck paying off the debt for many years. Consider purchasing an umbrella policy if you:
• Own property
• Have significant savings, a business, or other assets
• Regularly travel (especially abroad)
• Own a pool, trampoline, or dog
• Are a landlord
• Coach kid’s sports
• Do volunteer work
• Engage in dangerous hobbies or sports
From Our Resource Library
Stay up to date on our latest articles, videos, and guides.
Bundle and Save
Having more than one insurance policy with us can save you time — and money. When you bundle more than one policy, like your home and auto insurance, you can take advantage of our already competitive rates with a multi-policy discount.