Insuring a second home
Maybe you have a cabin in the mountains, a lake house or a beach villa. Whether used as a weekend getaway or a seasonal retreat, it’s a special place you want to protect. Whatever your needs, we are ready to deliver personalized service and support.
Risks of having a second home
If you’re in the market for a home away from home, here are a few things to consider:
• Long periods with no occupants: Just about anything can happen in an empty house, and most of them are not good.
• Seclusion is great: But make sure you’re not too far away from help.
• Tenants and guests: If you plan to rent out your second home or use it as an investment property, there are other things to consider.
How to save on second home insurance
More than likely, the premium for your vacation home will be higher than your primary one. Here are a few ways to save:
• Install fire and burglar alarms with 24/7 monitoring.
• Install security cameras and water leak sensors.
• Buy property that has a water source nearby.
• Bundle your primary residence and secondary home insurance.
From Our Resource Library
Stay up to date on our latest articles, videos, and guides.
Looking for immediate answers to your questions?
Schedule a no-cost consultation today!
If you’d like to have a conversation about how we might be able to save up to 25% on the cost of your insurance – we’d love to connect with you.